Archive

Archive

Music Club Concerts: 1951 to Present

The Inaugural Meeting of The Norfolk and Norwich Music Club took place on 28th April 1951 and the first concert was held in the Music Room of The Assembly House, Norwich on 26th May 1951. Benjamin Britten agreed to become President and remained in that position until shortly before his death in 1976.

Most of the concerts were held in The Assembly House until a major fire in that building meant that the concerts of the 1995/96 & 1996/97 Season were divided between Blackfriars Hall and Princes Street Methodist Church. The Club moved its main series of concerts permanently to the John Innes Conference Centre in 1998.

Details of the items performed in the concerts that have taken place since the foundation of the Club are available as a Word document that can be downloaded from the link below.